Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Eye Spy!

 
Do not write your posts in Blogger, because if you have a stupid computer like mine you might just hit the wrong button and lose everything you wrote. Yes that just happened to me, as a writer you would know how frustrating that is! Kind of want to get off that horse, give up and crawl into a hole? 


Not so very long ago I made soup for 120 people. Potato soup, the best I have ever tasted. It was magnificent, magical, and the crown jewel to an ending of a convention that I was helping my son with. What can I say; I was eager and spoiled the whole thing by warming it up to early. Sour, it turned sour and my heart fell. I wanted to go home, to crawl in a hole and die. I didn’t, I made grilled cheese sandwiches and pizza out of leftovers instead. Doing this without a recipe is hard. There is no recipe for writing; you lose if you do not save. Sometimes getting back on that horse is not easy; the train of thought can be gone. So I get back on that horse and tell you what my Pink Panther found today. Funny actually, because “it” is a book about mind reading. Susan has written another book worth checking out, the sequel to a mind jacktrilogy. My mind is totally jacked, need I say more? At least I got back on that horse again. You can too.

9 comments:

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, I am the first today! YAY!

Sound advice Sis. I remember on my first novel I lost several chapters ... I forgot to save them. UGGGG! It was a nightmare.

But, after time I had changed the prose so many time in the grand scheme of things it really didn't matter. BUT... I will NEVER forget the sting and ALWAYS save what I write as I plug along,

Thanks for feeding my fishies... they got so fat!

Anonymous said...

It turned sour? Why? I love potatoe soup. It's one of my favorites especially with a little chees on top.. mmmm

Summer Ross said...

Potato soup- super yummy.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Helo:

Someone once advised me to put into into a doc first then cut & pase it to blogger. I have hit the wrong button more than once and that's not a good feeling to loose one words that will never come back in the same order.

Life is,
Mike

Lynn Proctor said...

wow sorry about the loss--i lost all of my pictures a couple of years ago--so glad i had a lot of them on facebook---the only time i made potato soup, i made two pots--my hand ached for a week from peeling all those potatoes!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

And I thought I was the only one who tended to cook without a recipe. Do you remember the ingredients, because a good potato soup sounds excellent right now.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, it's the worst when that happens! Glad you still managed to make a post out of it though! I did some4thing similar recently - and although I got back on the horse and blogged... the end result was pretty pitiful!

Unknown said...

Really? You guys want a recipe? Here goes in my not so recipe mind...Cook up a bunch of chopped potaoes How many? I don't know, depends on how much soup you are making. If you like celery, chop that up too and cook with potatoes, about 1/4 to the amount of potatoes. oh, same things with onions...the yellow kind. Fry up some bacon, yes you have to chop it up! if you are a vegetarian skip this part. I think I added garlic too. How much? that depends on you. ok Bacon is fried with onion, etc. NOT TO FRIED! You want it translucent. Now you want to add some flour to all that yummy fat. OK...Vegetarians, don't be offended! Do your thing here with mushrooms I guess. Potatoes are just about finished, yipee!You need that water to add to the thick flour paste you made. Did I mention that? Ok you need some milk too. Chop up some broccoli, throw that in. Salt...I love pepper...simmer, simmer... You got the idea? Yeah, cheese as a garnish on top is good! I do so have to post his on fridays "Whats for dinner mom" BTW: This is my sons Potato soup recipe. I think I got it right, he will let us know if I didn't

kjmckendry said...

I hate it when I lose stuff!