Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Help The Air We Share WIN


Thanks to those of you that have helped me in making a decision about which of my two poems I should enter in the poetry competition. I could use your help further by clicking on the like button located on my Facebook page for my entry. You can find the banner for my Facebook on the sidebar of this blog or you can just follow this LINK. Thank you guys, I really do appreciate all your help! Once again, here is my entry:
 
The Air we Share

We do not choose them they are just there
Like quiet desperation or the air we share
A mother, a father a sister or brother
A broken old chair we would give to no other
You hate them and love them, and wipe away tears
You come and you go but they're always there
Life won’t always give you the people you want
Or endings to stories that you would have bought 

copyright ©Siv Maria



It is not to late to join, so if you have some poetry you would like to "Air" hang it out there. Have a nice day everyone and thanks again for helping me out.

6 comments:

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Best of luck, Siv!

The poem awakens thoughts of life and family.

shelly said...

I loved your poem. I used to write the stuff like no tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Great poem. Sorry i've been absent. I have been moving. Yuck. Didn't have internet this week thus all the guest post. I will be popping in and out all week as I am still moving but I'm back.
I'm so tired and my muscles are hurting but I'm getting there. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Good luck Sis ... It's an AMAZING poem!

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

I visited the link and shared it :)

Unknown said...

Good luck! This is a beautiful poem with words that resonate with love, frustration, harmony and discord.