Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Imagine Nation

In a world of dreams where everything is possible I like to imagine that there is a pill for just about everything. If we do not have time to sleep there is a pill for that, and once we swallow it we are totally awake and refreshed. Food is also something we do not always have time for. Open the magic pill bottle and swallow a delightful and nutritious meal, without the weight gain. Are you low on inspiration or need creative guidance? Maybe you need a super power which enables you to snap your fingers and your house is clean. Moving at the speed of light would come in handy if you need to be someplace or with someone in a hurry. After-all, in a world of dreams anything is possible.

Last night sleep evaded me so I took a trip to the Imagine Nation and found such a bottle of pills. The night was mine alone. I no longer needed sleep or food, time had become irrelevant. As I watched the sun rise and stretch across the sky, bright colors of inspiration formed a canvas. A beautiful canvas that in my minds-eye is impossible to erase. I am traveling at the speed of light right now. With each and every word I visit you. A piece of me has touched you, wherever you may be in the world. Would you like such a bottle of pills? All you have to do is go to the Imagine Nation and ask.

Have  a wonderful day using your imagination.

4 comments:

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

When you wrote about the sunrise, I got chills. BEAUTIFUL!

Geoff Maritz said...

Yep, I think I'm going over there right now. Ok, I'm here, now what, o yeah now I remember. I want a memory pill please. Thanks.
I really enjoyed this post. God bless you tonight with tranquil dreams and a great day when you awaken, Geoff.

Anonymous said...

Love your turn of phrase. Piqued my imagination and I got to bypass yet another pill. Although some of those sounded delightful. lol

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Do I take the red pill or the blue pill?