Friday, May 13, 2011

Romantic Warriors


If you have been following my blog than you know why I have not been posting much lately. Life has been keeping me busy with its twists and turns and constant surprises. This post is for all my friends and family. It is a reminder that every day is your birthday. So Happy Birthday!

Outside a small town a young boy plowed his way through the deep snow and hesitated at the edge of an old and raggedy bridge.
He asked himself, “Is it safe to cross?”  Deciding that it was he slowly made his way across the bridge safely to the other side.
It never occurred to the boy to walk across the frozen water below the bridge, but he was in a hurry as most young boys are and bridges were meant to be crossed.

Each year of our lives pass, and the bridges we cross are either many or few but we do cross. Once on the other side we should never look back to consider the alternatives. We are romantic warriors armed with the hope that on the other side of each bridge is a field of yellow sunshine.

7 comments:

Dafeenah said...

Lovely story. I hope things sort themselves out soon for you.

Anonymous said...

I agree. Moving forward to bigger and better things. Although I just about chopped my thumb off with a butcher knife about an hour ago and I can say I'm honestly looking back at it and thinking I'm a dumb ass.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

Such perfect advice for my life today. You always write such timely things. I LOVE it ;)

Mrs. Tuna said...

That's a great sentiment, youth is wasted on the young.

Talli Roland said...

I want that yellow field of sunshine! :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

You know me and sunshine.... Nicely written. I feel is if I am always crossing a bridge in form or another. So I can truly relate to this post.

No more sunshine in Chicago.... Winter returned.

Linda H. said...

So true and beautifully worded. Thank you for that. We all need reminders some times.